Saturday, September 18, 2010

Branched Oak Psycowpath Race

This is a course that I'm pretty familiar with since I competed in a couple of the Flatwater Training races here earlier in the year. I was somewhat  concerned since I just completed the Dakota 5-0 a week prior, so wasn't sure
how the legs were gonna feel. At race time they informed us it was gonna be a 2 lap race equal to about 10 miles. We lined up down the hill on the gravel road, I stuck my wheel on Clint Robinson off the start and was 2nd into the singletrack. I stayed in 2nd for about 1/2 lap then made my move. After making pass I put some open dirt between myself and rest of pack, I looked back periodically and saw that Aaron Schnee had made his way up to 2nd, he is a  fast rider so I knew I had to keep my "A" game up and keep pushing it. I was able to hold Aaron off and get the victory. Great job to both Aaron and Clint as they both ride single speeds. Only 1 more race to go in the series at Swanson since Lake Manawa is still under water. Swanson is one of my favorite courses so really looking forward to it on the 25th. Thanks again to Psycowpath and all the volunteers that make these races go as planned. Full results can be found at http://www.psycowpath.com/images/stories/Branched_Oak_Results.pdf

1 comment: